Here at King’s Lynn Chiropractic Clinic, the Team subscribe to a holistic approach to health and rehabilitation. This includes not only chiropractic joint manipulation but also diet, exercise, supports and supplements.
We all know that Exercise is important, yet so many of us don’t do it enough! Exercise has always been an important part of a comprehensive chiropractic approach to spinal pain. As part of your consultation, we offer a personalised exercise plan specifically tailored to your needs. Injury or degeneration cause weakness and instability, leading to re-occurrences and stiffness. Exercise builds endurance and flexibility, improves function and reduces pain.
Recent government-sponsored guidelines, based on exhaustive reviews of the available research, confirm that exercise is beneficial for many types of joint pain. The research reveals the following important facts:
- Someone familiar with his or her needs or problems should tailor exercise specifically to an individual.
- Exercise seems especially helpful when combined with treatment from a qualified professional;
- Exercise is markedly beneficial if established as a long-term habit;
- Exercise works well to prevent problems and to reduce the risk of a simple problem worsening.
- Your chiropractor is likely to discuss with you, at some stage, exercises which you can and should do to help your recovery and to enable you to maintain your improvement. This gives you the tools you need to help yourself in the long term!
Supports & Supplements
As well as regular chiropractic treatment, the right products can help you on your way to good health. We offer a range of products to complement our treatment, and you can rest assured that along with each product, you will receive honest, expert advice on how and when to use these products.
Here at the Clinic, we stock a wide range of supports, designed to help a range of different conditions. We have available…
- Orthopaedic pillows for neck pain
- Lumbar supports for unstable backs
- Braces – knee, ankle, wrist etc. for strains & sprains
- Arch supports for dropped arches
- Seat wedges for lumbar pain when sitting
- Cold packs & gel for inflammation
- Glucosamine for arthritis
We also have explanatory leaflets for some of these products.